Monday, July 13, 2009

Ok....maybe now I can stitch!!!

Life has been a whirlwind since the 1st of this Month....family arrived on the 2nd and left on the 6th and then more family came the 7th and still here. Along with all the company for the 4th. UGH!!! I love them...but it gets to be a lot.

My oldest Daughter, Isabelle went to camp yesterday. She was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in February and she is at a fun camp just for kids with Diabetes called Camp Stix. The camp isn't too far from where we live. They do all these special fun nights with costumes and everything. I had all of paperwork all together to go and then got to involved in packing her clothes, costumes, etc...that I got there and forgot her Doctor's Release form...UGH...Her doctor is at the camp with her so they told me I could just scan and email it...well then my darn scanner wouldn't work... So, I ran that up there this morning as well as her missing pillow. All the campers were at breakfast when I got there so I didn't actually get to see her...but I think her freshly made bed and pillow will alert her to my presence. We don't pick her up until Saturday...and I miss her already. She's having a great time though. I just hope she's responsible with her sunscreen. It's supposed to be hot and 90 all week and the camp is right on the river. I hope to get some pictures from the Camp of all of the fun they have.

So, needless to say, I haven't had a whole lot of time to stitch..by the time I land in bed at night the last thing I want to do is focus on anything. I started Shepherd's Bush Halloween Night. I have a about 30 stitches in it so far, so I'll post a photo when I get a little more done. I love the fabric. I'm stitching it on a 19ct provided by SB...so I'm not sure who it's from. It's not the model fabric by Weeks Dye Works as that fabric won't be available for another month....it is so soft and wonderful though...the softest I've every used. It's also 3 over 2 so they look like 10 ct stitches...I think it will be a lot of fun! .



I will also post some pictures of my garden soon...my sunflowers are about 4 ft tall right now and should be blossoming soon! Yay!!!!

Well I'm at my office...I better get back to work! LOL!

5 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! That sure sounds busy! I hope you find more stitching time! Mine has gone missing I just can't find it (time that is)! I tried to stitch last night and got in maybe 10 stitches before something else came up that needed my attention!

Alice said...

Family can really throw you out of your routine, even if they visit only for a couple of days. I am sure Bella must be having a great time but you miss her no doubt. Yeah, tell me about nothing working out when you least need it. I also keep telling myself I should get stitching done but sometimes I am so beat I cannot focus and then its not fun at all. Its supposed to be fun right? There are just so many hours in a day. Like a friend once said to me, "stop worrying about what you could not get done today, tomorrow is another day"! He said it with such philosophy that I had to believe it works that way. I will stitch tomorrow right, and if not tomorrow, the day after.
Alice

Siobhan said...

I hope you are getting in some stitching time! I can relate--I am missing my stitching time so much that I hope I can remember how to. ;) LOL I hope your daughter enjoyed camp!

Tracey said...

This is going to be so cute!! Can't wait to see it finished. :) Isn't it funny how when our kids are around, sometimes we wish they were somewhere else, then when they're gone we miss them? ;)

Tammy said...

Halloween night will be such a fun one to do! I cannot wait to see your progress. In prepping for vacation, I had forgotten you gave me a little something on your blog!! I'm SO sorry! I will feature it next post, OK? Thank you so much! I hope your little girl has fun at her camp--it sounds so great, but it's a double edged sword when you miss them!