Thursday, October 22, 2009

Remembering You

Sharon 1976


Where does time go anymore..... A year ago today, my Aunt Sheri crossed over. She struggled the last few months of her life with cancer that had spread through her whole body. My Aunt wasn't a victim of cancer...she chose this death...now don't email me about that comment. She was told 5 years prior to her death that she had cancer and decided not to fight, not to tell anyone, and in my opinion death. While we may not understand other's thinking and when someone makes a decision like this there are often a lot of questions unanswered. We believe we ultimately know why her decision was such, but we are so saddened that she didn't think enough of her value as a person to want to share that struggle with anyone else. She wasn't an easy person to love...she had a lot of problems, but she was my blood and she loved me and I loved her. I am saddened today by this void in my life, but I know the soul never dies. She was ready to leave this physical world and we have accepted that...she has changed many lives by the decisions she made...maybe that was her divine purpose. I am having so many thoughts today and those closest to me know the details...trust me this post would be a mile long if I went into it....but ultimately, the most powerful one of all is love. She gave me the gift of forgiveness before she passed and for that I am truly thankful. So I am thinking of my Aunt today with love in my heart and I will honor her in little ways for I know she is with me in spirit and I our souls will meet again someday.


Bail ó Dhia ort


8 comments:

Alice said...

Its sad that she chose to die and it must have been really hard for her to go through it alone not telling anyone till it was too late to get help. Maybe she feared all the terrible treatments prescribed for cancer. Bless her, wherever she is. Bless you for remembering.
Alice

Kathy said...

Meg, my condolences. I am sure your Aunt would be and is proud of your words. And your love.

May she be at peace.

PS. Thank you so much for your kind and generous words about my giveaway.

Siobhan said...

Big hugs. I'm thinking of you and yours.

Deborah said...

Please know that I am sending you thoughts and prayers.

omashee aka Barb said...

Meagan, you honor your aunt in that you accept her choice as her own. That is true unconditional love. My thoughts are with you.

Micki said...

It is so sad about your aunt, but you have written her a wonderful tribute!
Micki

Tammy said...

So sad you lost your Aunt that way. :( And so hard when people make choices like that.

dixiesamplar said...

It is not for us to understand or approve the choices our loved ones make, but only to love them regardless. You, dear Meg, have honored your aunt with what she needed most...unconditional love and acceptance! What a wonderful gift you have given her!

Hugs,
Terri