Friday, January 29, 2010

Bent Creek & Crochet

I am finally posting!!!  My camera is acting a little wonky and so I'm just getting some pictures taken.  The first one isn't that great...for some reason I just couldn't get it to come out right.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with operator error =) 

This is Silver & Gold by Bent Creek.  It's a tiny little ornament =)  I love it!


My current cross stitch WIP is Big Round Zipper...by Bent Creek.  I haven't been putting a lot of work into this piece and need to get caught up.  It's so much bigger than I had anticipated but really fun and fast to stitch. 

The main thing I've been working on is the beautiful Bella Luna Scarf by Nicki Epstein and Lion's Brand.  I just love their website!  I'm actually really proud of this piece because it's the first pattern I've ever done.  I haven't been crocheting that long.  I find I really enjoy it when I want to keep my hands busy but I don't want to sit down and concentrate on a pattern.  Of course, the flowers will be another story...I'm a little scared of those!

One other thing....the ABC Stitch-A-Long!  I'm done with A-O and will be whipping out P this weekend.  I love that these are so cute with the bonus of being fast and easy..instant gratification!

Some exciting news...I'm Moving!  My home that I've lived in (minus 5 years for college) since 1987 is being torn down.  I love this little 135 year old place, but it's tired and time to say goodbye.  My parents own it and they still live on the same property so it's not a super sad event.  We have found a wonderful house on 80 acres and it's 3 times the size of this cottage with storage!!!  I am looking forward to a major purging of clutter and stuff.  If we need it or love it..it's coming with us everything else must go!  I will post pictures of the new place as we begin our move in a couple weeks!   Here is our little house last year....we are having a great mild winter with NO SNOW!!!  Way to go Idaho!!!

2 comments:

too_busy_to_stitch said...

I love the Bent Creek - hadn't seen that before and am seriously tempted!

Terri said...

Great stitching. Good luck on your Move Meagan