Sunday, January 30, 2011

Another UFO...DONE

I'm in some kind of crazy alternate universe...I've finished another piece!  Well, I don't deserve to much praise for this.  It was all but done...I just had to make a correction.  This piece is a freebie from Brooke I started many moons ago.  It was the first piece I'd ever done on a fabric other than 14ct Aida or perforated paper.  When I finished this project years ago I realized that the right vine was seriously off count and over about 4 more spaces then it should have been.  I found this today and decided it was the day to fix it.  I frogged out the vine and restitched it.  I found several little miscounts in this project...as you can see my 1999 isn't centered =)  I've decided not to go crazy and to let it be what it is...not perfect.  It represents a beginning.  So I'm going to find a frame and hang it proudly.  I really do love this design! 

11 comments:

Nancy in IL said...

Meagan, this is so sweet! I wouldn't have noticed that the year was not centered if you hadn't said something. I love the design!

stitchenmylifeaway said...

Too Cute. I'm with you enough is enough. It's just great. It would make a great guest book cover.
Shay

~*Shar*~ said...

OMG this is adorable!!! Why is it everything I see you stitch I have to do?? LOL I've never seen this design hun. Can't wait to see it framed.

Hugs, Shar

omashee aka Barb said...

Oh please! Let's beg Brooke to release this again! I'm in love!

Cindy's Stitching said...

what a pretty piece. I have never seen this design before. how nice it is done.

Carolyn NC said...

WTG! Nice finish!

Tracey said...

Beautiful! I love this one- I think I have it in one of my freebie binders. :)

Micki said...

This one is gorgeous...You did a fabulous job on it.
Micki

DUSTY said...

i love it, this one is in my "to do" pile with all the others. LOL It looks great.

emilyaliu66 said...

Right on!!! It feels so good to finish things!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

It's great that you decided to let a few flaws go - as you say, a beginning! There's usually a flaw or two in any project I complete... but that makes them uniquely my own; or at least that what I tell myself! Love the sunshine, too!