Friday, May 6, 2011

What would you do????

Well, I've found my camera!  And now I need some advice...I appreciate any comment on this. 

Here is my progress on Blackbirds Anniversaries of the Heart.  While I will need to rip out part of this...as I am one stitch off...ugh.  I added an extra one...but that is not my concern.  My concern is color.  I must have gotten the most muted batches of these colors!  I am stitching with the colors used in the design but see how different mine are?  The roof on the house, the front face of the house, the peacock?  I've checked and recheck labels to make sure I'm not losing it..=)   Click on any photo and you can zoom in on it. 

So what would you do?  Leave it?  Order another batch of these colors and see if the dye lot is different?  Use other colors...any suggests?  I like the neutrality to this design, but I'm not loving some of the colors that should be standing out more..does that make sense?  Any suggestions are more than welcome.  Thank you in advance!



In the mean time, I'm on to the second chart...this one is working out well for me so far.

I also wanted to share my little bluebird.  I stitched him up quickly last weekend while teaching an embroidery class.  I'm trying to figure out what to do with him next.......



And finally....these are the last designs I don't have claimed in my give-a-way.  Please contact me...if I don't hear from the winners I will repost these next week. 

Peppermint Twist - Michelle
Frosty Flakes - Rhea
Needle & Thread - Tina
Chocolate Box - Ruth



8 comments:

Meg said...

I think it's that the chart picture was photoshopped and yours is closer to the original. This happens a lot of times - especially when photographers want to show more contrast. I'm sorry it's not the colors you thought, though! I'd personally leave it the way it is.

Pauline said...

I had this problem with a LHS that was stitched with CC silk (just one colour). I ordered them online at the same time and was disappointed when I started stitching. The CC was nowhere near as variegated as the model, and the model was a different shade- lot lighter and more purple.

I decided to choose different floss as I wanted it to look like the model.

emilyaliu66 said...

your bird looks fantastic! Personally, I would not be happy with THAT muted an effect, especially since the next block seems to have a more expected level of depth and contrast. Is it possible they misprinted the chart? it just seems weird that ALL the colors would be so faded if it was a dyelot issue, KWIM? Anyway, I would probably try to check out some other skeins to see if it is a dye thing, and if not, I would probably restitch it and just convert it to something that looked like the model. I do think CC tends to be the most inconsistent of the HDs...I like the thread, but they can be wildly different from dyelot to dyelot..more than I think is really acceptable. I have 2 cards of one color that you would never, ever think were the same color if they weren't labeled.

Gillie said...

I am gazing at mine feeling exactly the same - just not enough contrast between the roof and the walls. Not the first time this has happened with a BBD design - sigh, I'm still undecided.

Pam in IL said...

I realize that the photography can make colors look different than they actually are, but the floss you are using doesn't even appear to be in the same color family. The pic on the pattern looks to be more blue/purple and yours looks more in the browns. Is your fabric the same as the model on the pattern? That might also make your colors look different. Personally, I would change the colors to match the model on the pattern. However, you do have alot of this already completed and it would be shame to redo it.

Carolyn NC said...

Is your fabric the same - that could be causing some of it. It looks fine, but if it's really bugging you, maybe change one of the colors only such as the roof or house, etc. I don't think ordering a new batch of the same colors is going to make a difference unless you can physically pick out the thread and see it's the color variation you want. Good luck!

blue star stitcher said...

I would start over. I've had this happen before and was so disappointed I couldn't see all my hard work because the colors were too muted.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

I have heard this problem with this chart more than any other I've ever seen. My own is the same. It's more that the whole thing just blends into the fabric, so I'm considering going back with a darker color to back stitch around the edge. See what you think: http://tinyurl.com/5trsu6t.