Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Autumn....Really????

Well....as you can see by my lack of blog posting I have been enjoying SUMMER!  We had a very long cold spring.  I guess they call it a Dog Wood Winter?  I have many other things I call it...none of them sound nearly as nice as that...  I personally am holding out for an Indian summer.  The last half of July and all of August have been perfect!  I think if we would have had a proper summer I would be ready for Fall.  It is my favorite time of the year, and it has Hallowe'en!!!!  It is what it is...and isn't change the one thing in life we can guarantee on?

I have been doing a small amount of stitching and am really happy with the progress of this piece.  I picked it up a few months ago for my cousin Heidi's wedding gift, unfortunately it wasn't done by the wedding because I ran out of floss.  Once I am finished with this piece I will have it framed and get back to BBD Anniversaries of the Heart.  I have some changing and fixing to do on that, but it is a lovely piece.  My plan is to finish it over the winter, and then next year get all of those little things like ornaments and such done before I decide on another large piece.  I will keep you up to date with my progress.




In stitches!  Meagan


3 comments:

Deb said...

Very pretty! I like the roses vining through the piece. Deb

Tracey said...

I love this piece! And it makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten much stitching done this summer. :)

Nadine said...

I'm doing the same piece. Changed it up a little. I too have not been stitching too much. Hope to get going soon. Several projects awaiting my attention